Thursday, June 19, 2014

Tomorrow is the day!!

I don't know if I have ever been so excited in my entire life for anything like this. My wedding day? Was great, not as exciting. The birth of our son? Excitement comes pretty damn close. But I have had so much excitement all week for this one day that I can't think if any other way to describe it besides excited. Wicked excited! 

Tomorrow night we are jumping on a plane as a family of three for our first big vacation. And where are we flying to? To Orlando. For what are we flying there? To go to DISNEY!!

WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!! 

I remember when I was 13 and my parents took us to Disney for the first time. It was AWESOME! Then eight years later, I packed up a car with my friend Kevin and we drove from Taunton, Massachusetts to Orlando, Florida to become CPs!! Disney has been a childhood memory, a monumental adult experience and now I get to share that all with my son and husband. 

So because I'm a mom and a teacher (and a Leo) I love me some countdowns. So the minute we booked our flights to Florida, I turned to my best friend, Pinterest, and began looking for fun things to do as a count down. Mickey themed paper links that you could rip each day seemed like the cutest idea. Except for one thing.. I was about to start this countdown close to 100 days before we were leaving. That mean the countdown chain would have wrapped around our tiny NYC apartment like 12 times. So I decided to do more research and hold off on beginning the countdown. 

May 31st. Our 30 day countdown begins! And Vedder (and my husband) woke up on a Wednesday morning to our pantry door completely converted to VACATION COUNTDOWN!! 


Thirty bags filled with goodies! Actually most of them were filled with Mickey stickers and tattoos. But every give days came a cool new little trinket that could be put in our "Please behave on the late night plane ride and play with these toys instead of kicking the person's seat in front of us" box. Mini Toy Story finger skateboard. Cars movie mini camera. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse coloring book. Disney markers. And finally came day #1. Today! 


A Monsters University watch!! 


A big hit!!

During our month long countdown we also picked a different Disney movie to watch a few nights a week/weekend. I started this in hopes to get Vedder to watch at least all of the Disney movies we would come across in Magic Kingdom, and some classics. We watched Dumbo, Aristocats, The Adventure of Winnie the Pooh, Toy Story and old school Mickey Mouse shorts. I even had him watch the old classic The Great Mouse Detective. Then one night we watched Monsters Inc and well that was the end of it. Vedder requested to watch "the monsters" every night! He loves it! 

So we sit here now, for our last night home eating Pizza Planet pizza (actually from a local restaurant but V wanted to call it Pizza Planet) and watching Monsters Inc for the hundredth time. 

My parents always told me the few days before vacation were always the best. Now sitting here, all packed, relaxing, excited and waiting, I finally understand what they were talking about. 

Tomorrow will be a great day! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment